I'm starting to blog again. You wouldn't know it from looking at the last couple of years of my life, but I've been blogging since it was first a thing, beginning on Livejournal in middle and high school, then doing it for work at Ithaca College and Central City Opera, and eventually moving over to Tumblr, which I still occasionally use. I took a break for a while in part because I haven't found a perfect platform, but I miss having a place to share photos and have a more public conversation with myself about what I'm mulling over, what I'm inspired by, and what makes it all worth it. So here I am again. No promises on what this will be or how often it'll happen - we'll see. But hello again, internet.
Photo: Fort Tryon Park, November 2015
Reading: Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, by Susanna Clarke
- Elizabeth & Alice, the story of "the last love affair of Elizabeth Bishop" and the poem One Art
- An excerpt from Carol Bove's Book AKADEMIE X: Lesson in Art & Life. Worth reading despite the terrible title
- 'Hamilton' and Heartache: Living the Unimaginable. Because this is gorgeous and Oskar Eustis is my theatrical spirit animal.
- This video of a guy saving a skunk from a terrible situation
- Kay Starr singing Side by Side
- Common Jack at Mercury Lounge, tonight at 7pm
- Jack Hamilton reads from his new book Just Around Midnight, Wednesday at 7pm